Welcome, Guest. Please Login
NTCS Homework Board
  Should discrepancies arise between this website and what is told in class, the information given in class takes priority
  HomeHelpSearchLogin Teacher Calendar Activities Calendar  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Week of Mar 24-27 (Read 252 times)
Reply #2 - Mar 27th, 2020 at 5:45pm

Mr. Vant Erve   Offline
YaBB Teacher
TechCommittee

I've communicated some concerns and exhortations in our Classwork Stream.  Please review them there and take appropriate action.

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
                 Mr. D. Vant Erve

"I sing, for I cannot be silent;
      His love is the theme of my song"
                 -Fanny J. Crosby
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2020 at 12:06am

Mr. Vant Erve   Offline
YaBB Teacher
TechCommittee

A new assignment has been posted for you in our G Suite Classroom!  It shouldn't take you long to complete.  The sooner you're able to finish it, the better, as our next steps depend on this one.

Mr. D. Vant Erve

-Fanny J. Crosby
IP Logged

Mar 24th, 2020 at 1:49am

Mr. Vant Erve   Offline
YaBB Teacher
TechCommittee

• Welcome Back!
      For now, we'll have to pretend that we can all see each other's smiling faces, but this does not mean that we need to stop our mathletic training program.  Let's "press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of [us]."  He wants kingdom/creation developers!  Computer Science skills can help us be better at this job, so what are we waiting for?

• The rest of the year in this course is extremely different from most or all other courses you've taken before.  Our curriculum document says that "
    Student teams will manage a large software development project, from planning through to project review"
    .  This is the majority of what we have left to accomplish.  Project Management has evolved so much in the past few years that I've decided I need to find some new resources to teach those concepts.  I'm researching that, but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for yet.  Stay tuned for further developments on this topic.
  • Watch for an e-mail from me later this evening for
    an exciting opportunity
    for our class.  We will be attempting to complete the
    UBG project
    using some new (to us) collaboration tools.  If you've been able to work on your part(s) of this project over the break, great!  Get ready to collaborate in a better way!  If you have not been able to spend time on this, it would be a good idea to review the Becker (Robots) API as soon as possible.

• Your
    learning log
    for this course is shared as a Google doc.  Make your own copy (File menu), edit as best you can, and share back to me at the end of the week - please give me editing privileges so I can comment directly!

• Don't forget to send your
    daily attendance
    e-mail to the office!

• Please don't hesitate to send me an e-mail just to say hi or to ask a question.  I will do my best to answer before the end of the day.  To sync up with what my wife is doing, I'm going to check my messages for sure at 10am, 3pm, and 7pm.  You can expect answers shortly after those times.  Hopefully that helps you plan your days.
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2020 at 4:28pm by Mr. Vant Erve »  

Mr. D. Vant Erve

-Fanny J. Crosby
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print